Powered by Blogger.

Visiting Cousins

 July 14th, 2014

I am sitting on the couch as the fog is rolling in and I cannot imagine a better time to start blogging.  We have been on so many petite adventures it is hard to pinpoint an exact place where we last left off.  I cannot remember the last few months exactly but I can do present pretty well.  Presently, right in this very moment we are enjoying our summer.  Finally, we can say it is summer!     

A walk down memory lane and a pinch of nostalgia I found myself dropping our daughter off at her first summer camp away from home.  She's eight.  She's mature.  We knew she could handle it. 

We sent her away for a week as a Visiting Cousin at King's Landing Historical Settlement.  Imagine it kind of like Little House on the Prairie has come to life and you are spending a week as Laura, Mary or heaven forbid Miss Nellie Oleson, living in Walnut Grove. She attended Parish School, milked cows, churned and washed butter and made some amazing memories.  
             




::  All employees and volunteers gave 110% :: 

I'm not just talking about clothing either.  At first, and I think I can speak for both myself and my mother in law and say, we were both confused when talking with the staff.  After the first two houses we
finally caught on to what was happening.  They assumed the character's role excellently; weaving tales and stories of long past. I really couldn't tell if they were making things up or telling the truth.  Was it impromptu or hours of practice?  
  





She had a blast and can't wait to go back again next year.  I'm so glad she loved it as much as I did.  

have a great summer!
:: Becki
      

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP